About Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (P.B.B.Sc.)
is a 2- year undergraduate program pursued candidates interested in the field of Nursing. Nurses are healthcare professionals who are trained in taking care of patients, treating them, and assisting doctors in treatment and surgery. A qualified RN (Registered Nurse) is capable of administering preventive, promotive, curative, and rehabilitative services to patients and communities at large.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (P.B.B.Sc.)
Nursing, beyond a profession, is an opportunity to serve and treat patients and is thus directly related to social change and impact. The INC (Indian Nursing Council) is the authorized body that governs all aspects of nursing education in India. The course follows the syllabus prescribed by the INC.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (P.B.B.Sc.) program is a holistic mix of classroom lectures and hands-on practical sessions. The broad objectives of this program are to:
- provide an opportunity to aspiring nurses to upgrade knowledge and skills needed in responding to the changing health needs of the society.
- motivate nurses to maintain and keep up with clinical competence for providing quality services.
- develop teaching, administrative, and research skills.
- promote personal and professional growth for better opportunities in the field of Nursing.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (P.B.B.Sc.): Eligibility
Candidates wishing to apply for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (P.B.B.Sc.) course needs to have qualified the GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) course after attaining the 10+2 or equivalent qualification, preferably with Science subjects.
Candidates need to also be Registered Nurse/ Registered Midwife or equivalent with any of the State Nursing Registration Councils. Also, the applicant is required to have a sound working knowledge of English, be medically fit, and possess a good personal and professional record.
Fee and other charges
A fee shall be charged as per Punjab government notification from time to time under the fixation Regulation Act 2006
Note: fee and other charges once paid are not be refundable, except if the candidate changes the college through the universities subsequent as approved migration( Re counseling) by the University. that you will be refunded after deducting the administrative charges for these migrations.
The annual examination each year shall ordinarily be held in the month of May/June on such dates as may be fixed by the university for failed/ Re-appeared candidates, is supplementary examination shall be held in the month of November/December on such other dates as may be fixed by the University. to appear for the annual examination candidate must have the following:
- Has been all the college Rolls for one academic year to sending the examination.
- Satisfactory behavior and good character.
- Having attended not less than 80% attendance( irrespective of the kind of absent) in the theory and 90% in clinical practical in each subject for appearing for the examination. candidate must have hundred percent it tenders( including 20 days summer vacation, 10 days winter vacation and 10 days sick leave) in each clinical practical areas before and award of the degree. provided search deficiency must be removed within one year of completion of an examination.
- Should be medically fit
- A no due certificate issue from the department such as account, a count lie, lab, Office is compulsory.
The Principal has the authority of not issuing the Roll Number to the student for appearing in the final examination on the basis of non-completion of any of the above criterion.