is a course that involves the study of nursing education and research. Every medical/ hospital unit requires the assistance of a Nurse. Hence it is no surprise that the employment opportunities for nurses would never end. The course provides knowledge of various specializations within Nursing.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in
M.Sc.Nursing is a postgraduate course in theories and principles of nursing and allied sciences. A candidate has to be a B.Sc. /B.Sc. (Hons) graduate in Nursing from a recognized university in order to be eligible for this course.
M.Sc. Nursing is a two-year program which specializes in many branches; for example Obstetrics and Gynaecology Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Nursing etc. The mode of admission is mostly through Entrance Examination or through marks obtained in qualifying examination and personal interview.
Eligibility Of the M.Sc (Nursing)
The candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized school or board in India. The candidate must be a registered nurse or registered midwife with any State Nursing Registration Council. The candidate must have passed B.Sc. /B.Sc. (Hons)/Post basic B.Sc. in nursing with the minimum of 55% to 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. The candidate must also have work experience of one year after B.Sc. or Post Basic Nursing.
- Candidate will produce a good moral character certificate issued by the principal of the college/ school last attended.
- Candidate must produce the certificate of fitness.
- In case of the gap in study and affidavit justifying the gap in the studies must be produced.
Fee and other charges
A fee shall be charged as per Punjab government notification from time to time under the fixation Regulation Act 2006
Note: fee and other charges once paid are not be refundable, except if the candidate changes the college through the universities subsequent as approved migration( Re counseling) by the University. that you will be refunded after deducting the administrative charges for these migrations.
The annual examination each year shall ordinarily be held in the month of May/June on such dates as may be fixed by the university for failed/ Re-appeared candidates, is supplementary examination shall be held in the month of November/December on such other dates as may be fixed by the University. to appear for the annual examination candidate must have the following:
- Has been all the college Rolls for one academic year to sending the examination.
- Satisfactory behavior and good character.
- Having attended not less than 80% attendance( irrespective of the kind of absent) in the theory and 90% in clinical practice in each subject for appearing for the examination. candidate must have hundred percent it tenders( including 20 days summer vacation, 10 days winter vacation and 10 days sick leave) in each clinical practice areas before and award of the degree. provided search deficiency must be removed within one year of completion of an examination.
- Should be medically fit
- A no due certificate issue from the department such as account, a count lie, lab, Office is compulsory.
The Principal has the authority of not issuing the Roll Number to the student for appearing in the final examination on the basis of non-completion of any of the above criterion.