Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery or GNM
is a 3 to 4-year diploma in paramedics. Nursing and Midwifery focuses provision of care to individuals, families, and communities. The course can be pursued after successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board, with a minimum aggregate score of 40%.
GNM nursing course usually involves the compulsory completion of a 6-month internship in the discipline as well. This professional, job-oriented course in education lasts 3 to 4 years, with the duration varying across institutes. The course may also be availed of on part-time basis in certain institutes of the country.
Nursing is the specialty of dealing with the sick and maternity care, as a profession, is about the provision of help to a mother during pregnancy. The course essentially aims to produce qualified and trained General Nurses, who can effectively work as part of the medical community, for initial-level positions in the healing industry.
The program has been designed to enable eligible candidates to address the health needs of the country, community, and individuals. They can also pursue advanced study and specialization in nursing while contributing to the health-based industry with patience, responsibility, and dedication.
Ideal candidates for the course would possess alertness of mind, team spirit, tact, compassion and physical fitness. Such professionals interested in pursuing higher studies in the discipline may go for higher degree programs in the subject. Successful professionals can also teach the discipline at related institutes.
Subjects covered within this course’s curriculum include:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Biological Science
- Behavioral Science
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
Eligibility for Diploma in GNM
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing GNM nursing course are required to fulfill, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful qualification of class XII from a recognized educational Board
- Preferably, Science subjects as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level
- A minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates)
Fee and other charges
A fee shall be charged as per Punjab government notification from time to time under the fixation Regulation Act 2006
Note: fee and other charges once paid are not be refundable, except if the candidate changes the college through the universities subsequent as approved migration( Re counseling) by the University. that you will be refunded after deducting the administrative charges for these migrations.
The annual examination each year shall ordinarily be held in the month of May/June on such dates as may be fixed by the university for failed/ Re-appeared candidates, is supplementary examination shall be held in the month of November/December on such other dates as may be fixed by the University. to appear for the annual examination candidate must have the following:
- Has been all the college Rolls for one academic year to sending the examination.
- Satisfactory behavior and good character.
- Having attended not less than 80% attendance( irrespective of the kind of absent) in the theory and 90% in clinical practice in each subject for appearing for the examination. candidate must have hundred percent it tenders( including 20 days summer vacation, 10 days winter vacation and 10 days sick leave) in each clinical practice areas before and award of the degree. provided search deficiency must be removed within one year of completion of an examination.
- Should be medically fit
- A no due certificate issue from the department such as account, a count lie, lab, Office is compulsory.
The Principal has the authority of not issuing the Roll Number to the student for appearing in the final examination on the basis of non-completion of any of the above criterion.